The HotShots DEK hockey league is one of our strongest leagues. Seasons consist of 10 games plus playoffs all played on Sundays. Player stats and team standings are kept track of and published online throughout the season.
2016 League Start Dates
- Winter – January
- Spring – May 8th
- Summer – July
- Fall – October 23rd
Tips for First Time Captains
- Get money together early to receive the early payment discount.
- Make sure all players are rostered; failure to do so can come back to bite you!
- Assure league fees are paid in full by your 3rd game or your team may be removed from the league.
- Have referee fees ready before each game.
- If you have to forfeit and you do not contact the league director (Dan Medley) by Thursday, you will be responsible for both your teams referee fees as well as the other teams.
- Take the time to understand the rules and explain them to your team. Ignorance of the rules is not an excuse.
- If you play on multiple DEK teams and they play at the same time, you must choose one team to play for.
- All high stick penalties that are called that did not have direct contact with an opposing players head will not be counted towards the 3 penalty rule for ejection from the game.
- The highest ranking official on duty during league games will have final say on any issues on that day. All other issues may be directed to Dan Medley via our contact page.
- All statistics and standings are final as soon as they are put into the system. No exceptions.
Contact Dan Medley via our contact page or by calling 724-547-5700.